kmail doesn't work after new update.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 20 16:50:28 UTC 2009

On Sunday 16 August 2009 01:22:59 pm Billie Erin Walsh wrote:
> Goh Lip wrote:
> > clay weber wrote:
> >
> > First, I haven't use kmail for some time, but just try this out.
> > Unless you have a yahoo email and have set smtp for this some time back,
> > you shouldn't have a yahoo account added by any kubuntu update or
> > upgrade.
> >
> > Go to Kmail setting--->configure kmail--->Accounts (left hand
> > button)---> sending (top button)--->
> >
> > see if there is any yahoo smtp entry. If you dont use it, delete
> > (remove) it.
> >
> > Done. (hopefully)
> >
> >> clay weber (a.k.a Phil Connors ;) )
> >> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107048/
> >
> > Clay (Phil), thanks for your footnote. Understood clearly now Phil!
> > Can totally relate to the situation at hand. But I think Donn has
> > someone else in mind for Phil. ;)
> > Obviously, I don't see much movies, I knew Groundhog Day is some
> > superstitious event by the US president but I didn't relate it to the
> > movie.
>
> All ATT mail accounts are through Yahoo Mail.

My smtp account is 'smtp.att.yahoo.com'.  I do not use the provided Yahoo
account provided by the ISP, nonetheless, this address has worked for four
years + for me and is the only address they provide for my account.  It first
happened when ATT became owner.

I have worked through other kmail and Thunderbird problems and after fixing the
problems kmail worked fine, and it always had the address smtp.att.yahoo.com -
before, after and still.  Any other ideas?  Thanks!

Steven