3G with knetworkmanager

Evandro Myller evandromyller at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 05:21:44 UTC 2009

Actually,

plasma-widget-network-manager
depends on
plasma-widget-networkmanagement

I just ran a aptitude update some minutes ago and removed
plasma-widget-networkmanagement with aptitude. It also removed
plasma-widget-network-manager, saying it was broken and gave me a
"solution": install the gnome network manager applet and the mobile network
provider info:

nm-*
mobile-broadband-provider-info

As I did in Gnome a long time ago, I ran nm-applet; For my surprise, gnome
applets are now pretty integrated in KDE, with cool notifications and all
that stuff.

It's not connecting, though. After the connection was created I tried to
connect, the modem gives connected signal but nm-applet stays "connecting".
Well, falling back to pon/poff again. =P

Please let me know about any thoughts/news. =]