3G with knetworkmanager

Evandro Myller evandromyller at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 02:59:25 UTC 2009

Hello.

I had to install KDE 3.5's knetworkmanager in my Kubuntu jaunty to get 3G
working, its native network manager didn't work for me. Months later, after
playing around with some PPAs, I found a new knetworkmanager (in
kubuntu-experimental PPA) and installed it.

I got joyful like I've never been before: the new knetworkmanager worked
like a charm, and it was now integrated with KDE 4 network stuff. Some
upgradings later, it just stopped working and I have to fallback to pon/poff
to get the thing working. I'm on karmic now and it's still broken.

Note: when KDE starts, it automatically connects using the networkmanagement
settings, but knetworkmanager stays like if it's disconnected.

Anyone got this problem too? Any workaround? Maybe there's a missing package
here, dunno.

--
E. Myller
Front-end engineer / architect