jaunty » karmic

Nigel Ridley nigel at prayingforisrael.net
Wed Aug 19 15:49:19 UTC 2009

Nils Kassube wrote:
> Derek Broughton wrote:
>> Nils Kassube wrote:
>>> I used "update-manager -c -d" without modifying sources.list
>>> myself. I don't know if it is really better but the "official" way
>>> for going from one release to the next is with update-manager.
>> I didn't think that actually applied to pre-release versions?
>
> Good point. I don't really know if there is an official way for pre-
> release versions.
>

> Nils

Taken from:
http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/karmic/alpha4

To upgrade from Ubuntu 9.04 on a desktop system, press Alt+F2 and type in "update-manager -d"
(without the quotes) into the command box. Update Manager should open up and tell you: New
distribution release '9.10' is available. Click Upgrade and follow the on-screen instructions.

Blessings,

Nigel