sane

John L Vifian jongleur at liripipe.com
Thu Aug 13 17:04:14 UTC 2009

On Thursday 13 August 2009 9:30:26 am John Pierce wrote:
> > Wow, that was awesome!  I could not have said it better myself!
>
> I am going to go out on a limb here, the problem line appears to be:
>
> deb > http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates/ubuntu jaunty main
>
> You really need to remove the > symbol from that line.  I just edited
> mine sources.list file and place that symbol in the file.  I then
> tried sudo apt-get update and the malformed line error was the output.

I think that probably is a problem but line # 62 which he had previously
reported as causing problems in the text he sent is:

deb http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt jaunty main #WineHQ - Ubuntu 9.04

If he deletes the part after "main" it should fix the problem.

Also line 63 appears in Steven's email as:  "Jaunty Jackalope"

This is probably kmail wrapping a long line and is probably the end of line
62, but if not it should be deleted too.

John Vifian
--
When authorities warn you of the sinfulness of sex, there is an important
lesson to be learned: Do not have sex with the authorities.