sane

Roy Smith rasmith1959 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 15:55:44 UTC 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:
> On Monday 10 August 2009 06:51:27 pm clay weber wrote:
>
>> Steven Vollom wrote:

>>> Kooka would not download?  I have used it in the past and like it.  Can
>>> you advise further?  Thanks!
>>> Steven
>>>
>> Kooka has not been available since Hardy as it is old and not
>> maintained, which is why I did not suggest it. Xsane has a lot of
>> features, while Skanlite is a bit simpler in its interface. I usually
>> install both
>>

>> clay weber
>>
> steven at Yeshua:~$ less sources.list
> sources.list: No such file or directory
> steven at Yeshua:~$ sudo apt-get install skanlite
> [sudo] password for steven:
> E: Malformed line 62 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list (URI parse)
> E: The list of sources could not be read.
> steven at Yeshua:~$

Have you tried loading up the /etc/apt/sources.list into a text editor
to see what's wrong with that line?  If you're not sure what it's
supposed to be, you could always post the contents of
/etc/apt/sources.list here and someone can tell you how to fix it.  It's
possible that line 62 of your sources.list may not be the same as
everyone else's, so that's why we need to see the contents of yours.

--

Roy Smith
Windows XP Pro SP3