KDE 4.3 Kmail missing content

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 21:54:44 BST 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Rob Wright<debianrob at poncacity.net> wrote:
> I can't even reply to a message properly, cut 'n paste for the LOSE.
> On August 6, 2009 donn.ingle at gmail.com wrote:
>>I had weird problems too, not your one, but others. My solution was to do:
>>sudo aptitude dist-upgrade
>>Not sure what that does zigactly; I have a funny feeling I may be in some
>>quantum state between Jaunty and Karmic (which is really very Zen) but KDE4.3
>>is certainly feeling more solid that 4.2.x
> Tried that on the off chance that it might help. I now have to use cut 'n paste
> to reply or forward email messages (a critical part of my job), I've got the
> most useless sound system and a desktop UI that does half of what it used to.
> I completely regret ever upgrading this machine to Jaunty, and I mean that in
> the most positive way possible. What is the best way to downgrade to Hardy or
> Intrepid? I'm assuming my best bet is to just start from scratch with a fresh
> install?

I recommend that you try installing the KDE 3.5 packages in Jaunty.
They work quite well for me.  I have them installed.  I'm testing 4.3,
but will probably go back to 3.5 if I can't find a way around the
problems.  I've had good success with it on many different comp

http://apt.pearsoncomputing.net/ has the instructions.  I recommend it.