I need help with this instruction.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 8 21:31:49 UTC 2009

On Saturday 08 August 2009 11:24:33 am Goh Lip wrote:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
> >
> > Trim
> >
> > Dear Goh Lip,
> >
> > I just opened the email you wrote the other day referring to the making
> > of the Directory Repo.  After following the instructions that followed,
> > when I hit enter the last time, I got pages and pages of data rolling
> > down the screen. It has been going on continuously for several minutes
> > now, and is still doing the work as I write.  Is this what is supposed to
> > happen, or did I do something wrong?  There is so much data moving, it
> > looks like data in a loup. I opened the Repo directory and see that there
> > are many entries, but I don't know if what I am seeing on the shell is a
> > scan taking place in a loup, repeating over and over, or just more data
> > moving to where it belongs.
> >
> > If I have properly completed the task of loading the information into the
> > Repo Directory, I suppose I should copy Repo to CD, but if Repo is still
> > being filled I must wait.  What do I do?  continue until the shell stops,
> > or is it in a loup that will not end?
> >
> > Steven
>
> Was this the command?
>
> sudo cp /var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb /home/steven/Repo
>
> In that case you have lots of downloaded stuff.
> Have you done this first?
> sudo apt-get autoclean?
>
> You probably will need to burn a dvd. (data)
>
> gl
Dear Goh Lip,

I thought it was rescanning the same stuff, it was running so long, and I kept
seeing .wine over and over.  I made a CD of what was in the Repo Directory,
almost 500mb, but I did not see the Packages.gz and probably closed the shell
too soon.  Will it resume if I type in cp /var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb
/home/steven/Reso again?  It was just continuing what seemed like a scan loop.
I hope I did not screw up again.

Steven