OT: converting files to mpeg4

Nigel Ridley nigel at prayingforisrael.net
Wed Aug 5 14:22:20 UTC 2009

I know this is not a Kubuntu specific question but I have searched all over the web and the
DownloadHelper site:
Using Firefox and the DownloadHelper addon I am trying to convert some .flv fishing clips to
mpeg4 to play on a Artech Portable DVD Player (it states that it can play mpeg4 videos). After
trying several options in the DownloadHelper conversion menus I still cannot get the burnt CD to
play in the Artech Portable DVD Player. It shows the files but on trying to play them it gives an
error message about "Unsupported Format".
The problem is that there are too many options in the DownloadHelper menu :-(

Can somebody give some idea how to get it to play? I thought it would be easy.... How come
something 'easy' is complicated?

Blessings and TIA,

Nigel