How to rename Akonadi resources?

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kubuntu.org
Wed Aug 5 09:05:44 UTC 2009

Hi Alvin,

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 10:39, Alvin<info at alvin.be> wrote:
> Currently, my Akonadi resources look like this:
> - akonadi_notes_resource_0
> - akonadi_ical_resource_2
> - akonadi_ical_resource_3
> - akonadi_ical_resource_4
> - akonadi_vcard_resource_3
> - akonadi_vcard_resource_4
>
> So, how do I rename those resources?

Well, you don't. Anyway, these resources names are the internal mysql
names, so changing these would break Akonadi completely. Also, if you
activate your vcard resources in "Contacts" you will see another name
anyway. For me here it looks like this:

"Default Address Book"

and the ical resource shows in the "Calendar" application like this:

"Birthdays"
"Default Calendar"

So I strongly advise everybody to _not_ touch the resource names in
Akonadi, it will break your database!

Regards, Myriam.
http://www.fsfe.org