Locked up in boot process.

Frans Ketelaars ketelaars at wanadoo.nl
Sat Aug 1 14:02:28 UTC 2009

On Sat, 01 Aug 2009 13:43:04 +0000, Steven Vollom wrote:

> On Saturday 01 August 2009 01:23:13 pm Jonas Norlander wrote:

>> Or you can edit the grub boot line direct in the grub boot menu. Press
>> e on the line you want to edit and add what ever option you want to
>> try. It want survive the next reboot but it's faster to try out things,
>> later you can add them in menu.lst.
>>
>> / Jonas
> I haven't ever done anything like that and wouldn't know what to edit or
> change or what to change it to.  Can you advise me what to do?  Thanks!
>
> Steven

OK, try this (tested on Ubuntu 8.04):

1. Boot your computer and wait till the list of kernels comes up.
2. press 'e'
3. With the up and down arrow keys select the line beginning with 'kernel'
4. press 'e'
5. press the spacebar and then type your boot parameter: pci=nomsi
6. press 'Esc'
6. press 'b'

This is also explained on screen.

Let the list know how it goes :-)