The plasmoid that don't want to stay away

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 13:18:48 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Myriam Schweingruber<myriam at kubuntu.org> wrote:
> Hi Jonas,
>
> On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 10:05, Jonas Norlander<jonorland at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have a strange problem, there is a plasmoid (CPU Load) that always
>> reappear after a reboot despite that I have removed it. I have tried
>> to remove it both from the "Add widgets" dialog and by clicking the
>> cross on itself but after a reboot it's there again. Looking in the
>> config files don't give me any clues.
>>
>> Some one seen this before or have any ideas?
>
> Well, I haven't seen this before, but you can have a look at the
> configuration files for plasma located in ~/.kde/share/config/, mainly
> the files plasma-appletsrc, plasma-desktop-appletsrc,
> plasma-overlay-appletsrc and plasma-desktoprc. It could well be that
> there still is a configuration remaining in there that makes the
> removed applet shows up again.

That's what i suspected to and I have looked through all files there
that I thought was related to plasma but the content in them is kind
of cryptic to me and I don't know what settings is related to what
plasmoid. I will take a look again at them later to see if I can
figure out how the work.

Thanks

/ Jonas