email clients

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Thu Apr 30 20:56:57 UTC 2009

Derek Broughton said:

> Irving Leonard wrote:
>
>> On Miércoles 29 Abril 2009 12:07:51 PM marc escribió:
>>> Other than kmail, which I'm finding crashes far too often - about
>>> twenty times a day at present, and I only have one of my five accounts
>>> on it o
>>> far - can anyone recomend a decent, reliable threaded-aware email
>>> client?
>
>> You can try the KMail 1.11.2 (Jaunty), I have been using it for a while
>> and not problems have been arised (yet).
>
> I agree with Irving.  Even though you said "Other than kmail", since you
> didn't tell us which version of kmail, it's hard to know whether the
> jauny version can help.

Version is... 1.11.2

> otoh, I do still have the same old problem I've had for 4 years - you
> can not hibernate the computer with kmail open and be able to access the
> IMAP folders when you resume.  You have to exit, restart kmail/kontact
> first. otth, I suspect this is actually a dovecot problem not a kmail
> one.  I wonder why I haven't configured dovecot to shutdown/resume on
> hibernate :-)

I can confirm this happens here and I don't have dovecot installed. (You
don't happen to know which bug this is do you? Presumably on kde.org.)

4 years! <sigh> Well, I guess that they are never going to fix it. That's
a deal breaker. Particularly with the random crashed. I'll try Evolution
for a while and see how it goes.

--
Best,
Marc