Sluggish bootup.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 30 20:07:49 UTC 2009

On Thursday 30 April 2009 09:29:20 am Frans wrote:
> appened when the Rc was released.  I formatted the boot
>
> > partition and installed the Rc fresh, and I have been having continual

So you reinstalled Ubuntu 9.04 and the problems began...

Kubuntu 9.04 Rc and yes that is when the problems began.

When I pressed reply, your trim of the email dominated.  So perhaps it will be
difficult for you to remember, but I have done what you suggested at the end of
your reply.  I edited the boot using kdesudo kate.  The two places where
pci=nomsi were required have been fixed, nonetheless, the system is still
screwed up.  I have to say, it is working pretty good at the moment, but the
widgets are not all working perfectly, even though the system is pretty snappy
right now.  This problem has exhausted me mentally.  And even when I decide to
step back for a bit, I find 20 to 30 emails waiting to be read.  I think I must
stop for a bit.  I hope it does not offend anyone helping.  I never seem to get
to the end of the emails where I could do that without offending someone.  I so
appreciate everyone's help.

Steven