acer aspire one & Kubuntu

Clay Weber claydoh at midmaine.com
Wed Apr 29 22:09:02 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 29 April 2009 5:18:12 pm Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 01:44:44 am GreyGeek wrote:
> > Actually, yes, there is.   I've been using Linux for eleven years and
> > most forums and email lists frown on top posting.  Even this one.
>
> Well I've been using email lists and related for over 17 years and there
> are a *lot* more email lists out there than linux and a lot of them prefer
> top posting.
>
> > The trouble is that I am lazy.  I usually know what's in the thread I am
> > following so I don't need to re-read it.   So, I prefer top posting
>
> I tend to agree, plus once the thread gets a bit long its a pain to scroll
> to the bottom of a message particularly when people don't trim.

Then snip it :)

> > because it is easier to insert a comment at the top than to scroll or
> > jump to the bottom

If you think about it, in a help and support list, it is simply easier for us
to find and follow a thread that we may not have seen from the beginning if you
comment in-line and at the bottom, makes it easier to find what a particular
comment is directed at, among other things

--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net