kpackagekit problem

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 17:31:02 UTC 2009

Okay, I did the following:

sudo mount devpts /dev/pts -t devpts and now the mount | grep pts show
a mount point that is (rw).

By chance this also has allowed my konsole to start functioning.  I
posted another thread earlier about konsole not working, I could not
type anything in it.

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Jonas Norlander <jonorland at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 5:07 PM, John Pierce <john.j35 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Okay, if I do ls /dev I see a directory named pts.
>>
>> If I try sudo mount /dev/pts it says it cannot find an entry in fstab.
>>
>> I did dmesg | grep pts and did not find anything in the dmesg log.
>>
>> I did less /var/log/messages and found nothing to do with pts or pty.
>
> Run mount from a console to see what filesystem is mounted. There
> should be one for pts.
> jonas at intrepid-amd9650:~$ mount | grep pts
> devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,noexec,nosuid,gid=5,mode=620)
>
> / Jonas

John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at
http://counter.li.org