acer aspire one & Kubuntu

GreyGeek GreyGeek at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 29 15:44:44 UTC 2009

Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 09:16:25 pm Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
>
>> There is a consensus that top posting is not recommended when you are
>> actually replying to somebody. It makes little sense to do the
>> following:
>>

> Actually no there is not, which is why so many flame wars spring up over the
> subject :)
>
> Same goes for Reply to list or Reply to sender.

Actually, yes, there is.   I've been using Linux for eleven years and
most forums and email lists frown on top posting.  Even this one.

The trouble is that I am lazy.  I usually know what's in the thread I am
following so I don't need to re-read it.   So, I prefer top posting
because it is easier to insert a comment at the top than to scroll or
jump to the bottom and stick one in between the previous text and any
footers which may have been added.  I usually delete the footers to
eliminate clutter and continually bloating message sizes.

But, I also abide by forum conventions and rules, so on this forum I
don't top post.
GG