Dolphin file name search syntax

Clay Weber claydoh at midmaine.com
Wed Apr 29 15:38:13 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 29 April 2009 10:57:52 am marc wrote:
> marc said:
> > Arnaud bourree said:

Have you tried "agile s*"? (no  quotes) - with a space between the phrases?
That works for me

Probably nepomuk and/or strigi are more feature-filled search tools (not used
them myself, my old laptop doesn't care for file indexing tasks, etc.)

> >> I found the following in Help manual:
> >>
> >> I install kdeutils with apt-get but I don't have any Regular Expresion
> >> check box nor somethink like :-(
> >
> > Ouch! This is totally screwed up.
> >
> > So the find files dialogue simply doesn't work. Doesn't look like it's
> > been test at all. How do people find files in their file manager?
> > There's also a spelling mistake in the third tab.

It's the same  desktop search too KDE has had for years

> > On top of that, kregexpeditor has been removed. I search the package
> > repos.

Old and unmaintained, unfortunately

--
Clay Weber