wireless pci/usb hardware

Sascha Güthling sascha.guethling at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 13:41:17 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 5:33 AM, Brian Norman Wootton <
Brian.Meg at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Does anybody know of a list of kubuntu compatible pci wireless cards, or
> external USB wireless if none of the above are available. I've tried 3
> different
> pci manufacturers cards and metworkmanager ignored all of them, I'm a bit
> stuck because MPackageKit won't install ndiswrapper(amongst some other
> packages) at the present time.
> brian

Hi Brian,

here is a Ubuntu hardware database: http://ubuntuhcl.org/
I can also recommend this list:
http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Hardwaredatenbank/Verbindungen#WLAN

Although it is in German it is a pretty long list of wireless cards and USB
sticks and should give you some hints. If you need help with translation
just reply with the name of the specific hardware entry and I'll help.

Take care.
Sascha