acer aspire one & Kubuntu

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 29 11:16:25 UTC 2009

Hi Errol,

[totally OT regarding the subject of this thread BTW]

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 09:16, Errol Sapir <errol at tzora.co.il> wrote:
> I did "reply to a thread but deleted the contents, and started a new thread
> with a new title. I did that for convenience of addressing. I realize that
> it was a mistake and apologize.
>
> As for Top replying----- well that is a valid discussion because there are
> pros and cons to both ways of writing a reply. There isn't  a "polite" way.

There is a consensus that top posting is not recommended when you are
actually replying to somebody. It makes little sense to do the
following:

[example]
Answer: well, try to read the discussion we have and tell me if it's
easy to read...

Question: why is that bad style?

Answer: because it is bad style..

Question: why not top posting?

[end example]

Also, the mailing list etiquette given for the "ubuntu lists states
that one should avoid top posting, so posting on such a list means
that the posters should respect that etiquette. See also: