Flash and Linux

Goh Lip gohlip at operamail.com
Tue Apr 28 14:05:29 UTC 2009

> >> From: Nigel Ridley <nigel at prayingforisrael.net>

> Can you try http://www.lakerda.co.il/ with your Hardy, KDE 3.5.10,
> Flash 9 in Firefox 3. and let
> us know how it is?

Okay, reporting from Hardy,

Hardy 64
KDE 3.5.10
Linux 2.6.24-23
Firefox3
Flash 9

Control
Jaunty 64
KDE 4.2.2
Linux 2.6.28-11
Firefox3
Flash 10

I am on dual core,AMD64, normally hang firefox, 100% on 1 cpu, about 10 secs, but I can do other things on another CPU. Wait out 10 secs and proceed. Usually hang on closing NYT site.

First, before switching to Hardy, tested your website,http://www.lakerda.co.il/, with my favourite hang site http://www.nytimes.com/ and non-hang sites operamail and google news on Jaunty.

On Jaunty:
Surprise, your site doesn't hang, except resource requirement is high, about 85% on 1 cpu. Closed your site, no problem. CPU dips to 5%. Redo again, just to be sure. Same. No problems.
Closed NYT, Firefox hangs for 10 secs,100 % on 1 CPU,as expected.

On Hardy:
No surprise, every goes smoothly, both CPU shows less than 5%. Close your site. same. no sweat. no CPU movement. closed NYT, no CPU movement. Open up your site, NYT, close again both together, no movement.

End of Report.

ps: nice sized river carp, you do sea or river fishing?

Regards,
Goh Lip

Learning without thought is labour lost
Thought without learning is perilous.