Flash and Linux

Nigel Ridley nigel at prayingforisrael.net
Tue Apr 28 05:28:34 UTC 2009

There seems to be a general problem with Flash and Linux. There are some websites that have an
abundance of Flash content and Linux can't seem to handle it well. I mean that when viewing these
websites suddenly the processor[s] jump to around 99%, the temp. rise dramatically, the fans
works overtime and the website slows to a crawl. This is compounded when more than one tab is
opened from the same website. As an example here is a example website (it is a fishing tackle
online shop):
http://www.lakerda.co.il/
The only way that I was able to navigate said website was to open it in Opera and 'Disable Plug-ins'.

Any thoughts?

Blessings,

Nigel