Installing 9.0.4 with Vista

Ignazio Palmisano ignazio_io at yahoo.it
Mon Apr 27 09:51:22 UTC 2009

Andres Fuentes wrote:
> Hello Juan Carlos,
>

> If I choose to repair the system form windows recover cd, this action re-create the original partitions on hard disk....This delete all my data in windows and delete Kububtu instalation.
>
> I think this action is the last option, I'd like to repare the start to have both S.O.
>
> ¿any idea?
>

> regards

You should be able to run fixmbr by starting the computer with any winxp
installation cd; the recovery versions that many OEM attach won't do the
trick. Never tried it with Vista, but I used to have a win98 boot disk
(floppy disk, think of that) which was quite handy exactly for this kind
of things. I created a boot cdrom from that floppy and that's been quite
useful in the past, so that might be useful to you too.
HTH,
I.