Accessing remote locations

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 27 07:45:39 UTC 2009

Hi Richard,

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 07:54, Richard S. Crawford
<rscrawford at mossroot.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out how, in KDE4, I can access remote locations
> the way I did with KNetAttach in KDE 3.5.10.

Use Dolphin:

In the left pane called 'Places' you should find an item called
network. Click on it, you will be able to add a new network location.

I usually split the middle pane (there is a 'Split' button in the
icons above) and use one for the local folders, the other one for the
network folders.

 Since I do quite a bit of
> development directly on remote servers (used to with Quanta+, not
> quite sure yet how to do so in KDE4)

As you did before, install Quanta+. There is no reason it wouldn't
work anymore in KDE4.

Regards, Myriam.

http://www.fsfe.org