Audio issues: Pulseaudio HOWTO

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 27 00:57:50 UTC 2009

Hi marc,

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 18:33, marc <gmane at auxbuss.com> wrote:

>  http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=789578
>
> If you have any audio problems, then I recommend following these
> instructions.

No, please do *not* follow that advice:

If you really read that post, you would have noticed the following, on
top of the post, written in bold red letters:
[quote]
Note 4: Kubuntu users: Don't follow this guide - PulseAudio isn't used
in your distribution.
[/quote]

What should be done is to remove Pulseaudio from Kubuntu, as no KDE
application is using it, and it causes far more problems than it
solves. For some mysterious reason it gets installed and causes
problems galore...

If somebody is in the same situation than me and can't remove it (and
believe me, I tried hard to, with the help of the Kubuntu devs on IRC
during several hours), move it to the bottom of the sound card list in
Phonon to make sure it doesn't interfere with your settings.

Regards, Myriam.

http://www.fsfe.org