Widget that shows download and upload speed.

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Sat Apr 25 17:12:26 UTC 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:
> Does such a plasmoid exist?  I would like to be able to tell the speed my ISP
> is providing.  I pay for a certain level, and many times it seems much slower
> than the service I pay for.
>
> Steven

Dear Steven,

I would think, this one might work for you, although it is not a plasmoid:
http://www.speedtest.net/

This measures your internet upload and download performance. Although it
is nowhere near perfect, since there are a lot of dependencies outside
your ISPs influence involved, it might be better than a plasmoid. Imho a
plasmoid would at best measure your network performance inside your
private network, which could markably differ from your internet related
upload/download performance.

Kind regards
Eberhard