Weird Mounting Problem...

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Sat Apr 25 12:54:17 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have installed another computer in my LAN to hold all my music files and
configured it as an NFS share.

Then I went to my Kubuntu Hardy box and used the 'Disks and Filesystems'
module in KControl to add an NFS mount to the list...

For some strange reason, although I clicket the 'New' button at the bottom
of the list, it changed the settings for my DVD-RW drive...

I was able to mount the NFS share both by manually editing the '/etc/fstab'
file and by executing mount.nfs at the command line.

I'd like a way to make the mount persistent between reboots...

Can someone help me figure this out?

Thanks!

Amichai Rotman

UIN#: 6401746

PLEASE READ: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

Steven Wright<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/s/steven_wright.html>
- "A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of
widths."