apt-get autoremove

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Fri Apr 24 21:42:47 UTC 2009

Georgi Kourtev wrote:
> After I did update from 8.10 to 9.04, I ran apt-get autoremove. See the
> message I got below. Should I remove these? I would free 148 MB...
> gk

Yes, probably.  The main gotcha is if you have installed programs that
aren't in the Ubuntu repos (perhaps from source, or from .debs) that
depend on one of these libraries without apt knowing.

However, worst case scenario is that you'll have to reinstall a few
packages.  It's probably worth the risk, unless you have an abundance f
disk space.

Matt Flaschen