## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the 'backports' ## repository.

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 06:30:06 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 03:23 +0200, Myriam Schweingruber wrote:

> On a final note: the average user doesn't have to edit the
> /etc/apt/sources.list file. There is kpackagekit in the SystemSettings
> or any other GUI frontend of apt where you can choose the repositories
> you want to enable. If you are not 100% sure to know how to handle an
> editor, do not touch such files.
>
> Steven, if you want to learn how to use an editor, be it vim, nano or
> kate or whatever, just make example files yourself and get trained.
> Editing system settings with an editor is not the recommended way to
> learn the use of an editor, you can break sensible things so please,
> think twice...

Remember the scene in 2001 where the ape smashed the pig's skull with a
thigh bone? And, when Tom Swift pushed the red button? Bad things
happened. The ape learned about sin and Tom blew up his rocket cycle.
Miriam is right, you're breaking things. Don't do that. Enjoy a working
system for awhile. Stick with packages that you can get from the usual
repos. At least for a week or two. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987