sluggish mouse and application opening since upgrade to Rc Jaunty.

stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 23 18:28:21 UTC 2009

Chris Jones wrote:
>> I did ABSOLUTELY nothing to make this happen.  I did not update or upgrade
>> anything.  I did not fiddle with my video settings or anything that might
>> explain what happened.  Nonetheless, unless the gremlins left my machine,
>> something I did in the process of the Wine and dependency installation caused
>> this to happen.
>>

> Could it be your mouse has an intermittent hardware fault (e.g. loose
> wire ...) , which just happen to resolve itself whilst you where
> installing Wine and thus was just a coincidence ...
>
> If it happens again I would try changing the mouse just as an experiment.
>
> Chris

No, I have two and two computers with Jaunty installed.  Both were
working the same sluggish way.  When I used the mice on my Intrepid
computer the mice worked perfectly.  A friend told me that there was a
bug in Jaunty Rc that caused the problem and to wait for the solution in
an update.  Nonetheless, when I had my problems trying to install wine,
the problem went away.  I have been using my new computer for a couple
of months now; it has lots of ram and a quad.  But I have never
experienced the speed and snappy response that I am getting right now.
It is explosive.  It has been this way now for a couple of hours.
Things seem to happen just before I press the button. I know that isn't
happening, but it is so very fast.  I have 8gb of ram.  When the mouse
problem was happening, I would wait about a second or two for reaction
to a click.  I just love Jaunty; I can see that it will be incredible
when the bugs are finally put to bed.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT I AM VERY INEXPERIENCED, AND GET ADDITIONAL ADVICE
WHEN CONSIDERING A CHANGE, NOT YELLING JUST EMPHASIZING MY LACK OF
EXPERTISE.  I would hate for my great results to affect you into
changing a business critical computer into the new application prior to
it's being stable.  Even though it is Rc, it is still with some
problems, especially with an intel processor.  I use an 9600 Phenom Quad
Core AMD nVidia chips including video, and 8gb of ram.

Steven