Difficulty installing Wine

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 23 17:36:55 UTC 2009

On Thursday 23 April 2009 01:23:21 pm Ignazio Palmisano wrote:
> sudo kwrite /etc/apt/sources.list
Dear Ignazio,

I have been trying to be a bit less intrusive on the List.  The reason I
installed Gedit was because it was in the instruction I sought.  Next, after
getting your email about Kedit, I looked to see what editor I currently have
installed as default, since I am now in a 64bit system, I thought it might
make a difference, but I got Error when I did (it is Kate), so I installed
Kedit as recommended.  I still got an Error as follows:

steven at Yeshua:~$ sudo kwrite /etc/apt/sources.list
Error: "/var/tmp/kdecache-steven" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
Error: "/tmp/kde-steven" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.

I don't yet understand uid ownership or how to make it right.  Please help me
through the new problem?  Thanks!  By the way, I have a partition that won't
allow me to put things in it due to permissions problems, can you help with
that too?

Steven