Upgrade from 8.10

Alvin info at alvin.be
Thu Apr 23 14:09:20 UTC 2009

On Thursday 23 April 2009 15:07:46 Georgi Kourtev wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am thinking to upgrade from 8.10 to 9.04.  However I saw that one of the
> known issues is that Kmail sieve functionality is buggy and causes CPU
> hang. I am using Kmail as my main mail client.  Is this issue serious
> enough to stop me from upgrade? in any case I wouldn't like to loose my
> contact with the world...

That depends. Your sieve filters will keep working, but you'll not be able to
change them from within Kmail. If you're not using sieve, it will not be an
issue of course.

I use Kmail in 9.04 too. Only the KAddressBook bug where you get pop-ups is
irritating. I can also not empty my trash in Local Folders without crashing.
Other than that, it's working fine.

Do read the release notes of Ubuntu too! If you are using an Intel GPU, you
could get serious performance issues. I'm not having a lot of success with
fglrx drivers either, but those issues are all in the release notes.