Code to change from read-only file system to read/write file system?

Hakan Koseoglu hakan.koseoglu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 18:28:01 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 7:10 PM, Eberhard Roloff <tuxebi at gmx.de> wrote:
> when you are read only, even with sudo, then something else is entirely
> wrong. Moreover, if you are on read only, you will not be able to
> upgrade anything.
> So follow Hakan's advice and try to enter read/write
>
> On another note:
> Once again, when you start your machine normally, no safe mode, no
> rescue...., what happens, finally?

I believe he has a broken xorg.conf by now and has no GUI environment
anymore. I'm not sure what Jaunty does in such situations.
Removing the xorg.conf should get the GDM/KDM with safe mode I
believe. I'll test that scenario in my Jaunty beta box in a min
(currently working on an Oracle problem so don't have much time).

Steven,

Can you please describe what was your original issue and what you did
since then. Please leave your friend's instructions outside this
discussion, just what you have done so far and what you have in front
of you right now, after a reboot.

PS: Why Ubuntu/jaunty has ALT-CTRL-Backspace disabled? Arghghghg....
Anyway. (still can't run KDE on my desktop, related bug confirmed but
not resolved yet).