'open window widget' on the Panel

Nigel Ridley nigel at prayingforisrael.net
Tue Apr 21 14:33:52 UTC 2009

marc wrote:
> Nigel Ridley said:
>
>> marc wrote:

>>> I think it's the inappropriately named, pager.
>>>

>> No, the Pager is the one that shows all available desktops. What I'm
>> looking for is the one that shows on the Panel describing what open
>> windows there are.
>
> Pager does that when you hover the mouse over it.
>
>> If I have two open windows then I would have two
>> entries on the Panel informing me that I have two open windows and
>> showing there tiles.
>
> I think it's the equally inappropriately named, task manager.

Right then! (quoting John Cleese from the 4 Yorkshiremen sketch). I have made a screenshot of a
new user account showing exactly what I mean:

http://www.prayingforisrael.net/pics/KDE_desktop.jpeg

You will see the two Panel entries showing the two open windows -- Firefox and Konqueror.

The screenshot should make it real easy to understand what I'm referring to -- I hope :-)

Blessings,

Nigel