Changinnng to default BIOS settings has created problems.

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 20 17:35:23 UTC 2009

Hi Steven,

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 19:11,  <stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I am using Jaunty beta, because my new computer will not work using
> Intrepid.

Shouldn't it be RC by now?

> Could someone help me troubleshoot the BIOS?  Additionally, I believe if
> I could get the 180.37 drivers installed, I would get video back.

If you didn't make any changes in your BIOS setup, it should still be
the same. It is close to impossible for a plasma widget to modify your
BIOS settings...

I go with Ignazio: check if your video card is plugged in correctly,
also check the screen cables while you are at it.

Do you hear any specific beeps when you start up that are different
from the usual?

Regards, Myriam.
http://www.fsfe.org