Is Canonical against Kubuntu (2): the bug tracking disaster

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Sun Apr 19 22:59:49 UTC 2009

Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Terrell Prudé Jr. wrote:
>
>> I agree with Marc here.  Letting bugs just sit there for that length of
>> time (over 1 year, basically saying "f*** you") is just plain wrong,
>> FOSS project or not.  If bugs are not going to be properly addressed by
>> the development team, then that team needs to just close the project and
>> be done with it.
>>

> That doesn't make any sense.

On the contrary, it makes perfect sense.

> If you're not happy with how slow the
> development team is in fixing bugs, you have three choices:
>
> 1. Use the program anyway.
> 2. Stop using the program.
> 3. Fork the project and develop faster yourself.

Now, there, we agree.  And I am choosing increasingly to go back to
Debian and stop using Kubuntu.

> The current team giving up the ghost will not help you with any of the
> choices.
>
> Matt Flaschen

...huh?  Is Canonical indeed, as you put it, "giving up the ghost" with
Kubuntu?  If so, perhaps you might want to give us some more info on
that if you have it.

--TP