Threading, was Re: Useful tools for everybody, was Re: Plasmoids and Power Consumption

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Sat Apr 18 03:16:14 UTC 2009

Myriam Schweingruber wrote:

> BTW, this discussion is very much off topic on this list again, as it
> is not very useful rambling about various subjects.

This is the only list in the world where discussion about the correct way to
_use_ the list is considered off-topic.

> Can we now go on in discussion seriously about support to Kubuntu
> users or are you going to ramble about threading everytime I write
> something? Not very constructive IMHO...

Probably, because every time you post something it's a new thread - not very
constructive IMHO.  You of course can do anything you want while the rest
of us are subject to censorship.

> If you can't follow the threads you should consider using a mail
> client able to do so, kmail is a very good example of such a client.
> And yes, Gmail does not handle threads as it should, but don't expect
> miracles from a webclient...

Then don't use it.  Try using a decent client like KMail which wouldn't have
broken the threads in the first place.
--
derek