Can Jaunty updates and upgrades be obtained using apt-get and a Konsole?

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 16 17:56:39 UTC 2009

On Thursday 16 April 2009 1:50:40 pm Eberhard Roloff wrote:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
> > Recently the panel left my screen.  I have been able to function using
> > Alt+F2, however, all my attempts at daily updates and upgrades for Jaunty
> > fixes has yielded nothing for several days.
> >
> > If they do not use the normal tools for obtaining updates and upgrades,
> > how do I correct my panel problem if waiting for their fix never reaches
> > my box?  I have tried sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade
> > without success as it relates to the many daily Jaunty inclusions.  I
> > have missed a week of updates and upgrades, and don't have a panel.
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Steven
>
> Hi Steven,
>
> If
> sudo apt-get update
> and then
> sudo apt-get upgrade
>
> will not bring you updates, imho there are none.
>
> kind regards
> Eberhard
That is what I thought, however since Monday, I have not received the normal
daily updates and upgrades from Jaunty then.  After an update, my panel left
the screen, so I don't get the update icon that always produced the Jaunty
updates and upgrades.  Since the panel is gone, I have not had any updates or
upgrades, and I still have no panel.  I would suspect that would be something
they would address as critical, due to the number of people disabled by it.  I
will just have to wait for the final, or relent to the kde.org to kde change.
Thanks~!

Steven