GoogleEarth display issues on Jaunty - Solved!

Willy Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 18:30:41 UTC 2009

2009/4/14 Nigel Ridley <nigel at prayingforisrael.net>:
> Nigel Ridley wrote:
>> Does anyone else experience problems with Google Earth on Jaunty?
>> Regardless as to which part of the earth is in view, if I zoom in it gets to the point that the
>> picture gets progressively lighter with each zoom level until it is impossible to see anything.
>>
>> Blessings,
>>
>> Nigel
>>

> The issue is apparently due to Jaunty having the Beta 5 version of Google Earth. I apt-get
> removed it and installed the 4.3 version manually. It now behaves as expected.

Google Earth
5.0.11337.1968 (beta)
Build Date
Jan 28, 2009
Build Time
3:39:00 pm
Renderer
OpenGL
Operating System
Linux (2.6.28.0)
Video Driver
NVIDIA Corporation
Max Texture Size
8192x8192
Server
kh.google.com

no issues t all, i zoomed to an eye altitude of 100 meters and no issues

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems