GoogleEarth display issues on Jaunty

Willy Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 16:59:18 UTC 2009

2009/4/14 Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net>:
> Willy Hamra wrote:
>> though i've been having a problem with it from the days of
>> gutsy, and that is the tiny fonts it use regardless of what i set GTK
>> in KDE to be, GE just ignores them it appears.
>
> Because a friend of mine and I myself had the same problem here, I
> searched for a GE config file which might set the font size. I
> found "~/.config/Google/GoogleEarthPlus.conf". There is a section
> Render where the font descriptions are. However if you don't have
> something about fonts in it already you may need some other lines of
> that section. Here is my entire Render section from GE 4.3.something
> after changing the fonts to readable (actually too big) size:
>
> [Render]
> AnisotropicFiltering=0
> CompassVisible=true
> DisableAdvancedFeatures=false
> ElevationExaggeration=1
> FeetMiles=false
> GridReference=0
> GridVisible=false
> GuiFontFamily=Dejavu Sans
> GuiFontSize=14
> GuiFontStyle=0
> GuiFontWeight=80
> IconSize=2
> OverviewSize=34
> OverviewZoom=99
> PrimaryFontVersion2Family=Dejavu Sans
> PrimaryFontVersion2Size=16
> PrimaryFontVersion2Style=0
> PrimaryFontVersion2Weight=50
> RenderingApi=1
> ScaleVisible=true
> SecondaryFontVersion2Family=Bitstream Vera Sans
> SecondaryFontVersion2Size=16
> SecondaryFontVersion2Style=0
> SecondaryFontVersion2Weight=75
> TerrainQuality=-1
> TextureColors=1
> TextureCompressionDXTC=true

thank you very VERY much!!!!

my render section contained only 2 lines, i copied 4 lines from yous:
PrimaryFontVersion2Family=Dejavu Sans
PrimaryFontVersion2Size=16
PrimaryFontVersion2Style=0
PrimaryFontVersion2Weight=50

changed the 16 to a more reasonable 12, and voila, google earth looks
fantastic, thanks a lot, 2 years of having to bear with small fonts is
finally over :D

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems