apt sources.list unchanged after upgrading

Willy Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 11:03:57 UTC 2009

On 13/04/2009, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
> Huh, it doesn't look right ... within my /etc/apt/sources.list file
> there is only mention of hardy and not intrepid, after upgrading months
> ago. I'm just now spotting that. <sighs> Any quick and easy apt-get fix
> to this?? Thanks! Ric
>
> --

lol, that is really weird, and funny. and you never noticed any lack of updates?
anyways, run "sudo softwareproperties-kde" (maybe
software-properties-kde? just use TAB after writing software, it's the
only program starting with "soft", lol)
this runs the familiar program that existed in adept in KDE3 to choose
sources. tick the stuff you want, choose your preferred server, check
the 3rd party stuff if u need to delete the hardy reference, your
settings and whatsoever, and close it. it willl ask for a reload
(apt-get update), you can run it, or skip it if you prefer to do it
yourself in a terminal.
cheers

--
Willy K. Hamra