GoogleEarth display issues on Jaunty

Willy Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 10:39:46 UTC 2009

On 14/04/2009, Eberhard Roloff <tuxebi at gmx.de> wrote:
> Nigel Ridley wrote:
> > Does anyone else experience problems with Google Earth on Jaunty?
> > Regardless as to which part of the earth is in view, if I zoom in it gets to the point that the
> > picture gets progressively lighter with each zoom level until it is impossible to see anything.
> >
> > Blessings,
> >
> > Nigel
> >
> Hi Nigel,
>
> Same here on Intrepid.
>
> I think this is because the satelite picture resolution is not endless.;-)
>
> I also believe to have read about certain regions where the resolution
> is better (mainly in the US) and other regions, where is has been
> intentionally reduced (ex. millitary areas)

hmmm.. now you are 2 people having this same bug, while i dont, i can
zoom to insane levels, of course, the picture is blurry and
ununderstandable, but yet, i can see it.
could it be a graphics problem? i use nVidia 8500GT here, do you 2 use
the same card of other model maybe? ATI?

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems