Kubuntu Jaunty KDE3.5 remix

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 05:17:02 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 11:42 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 13 April 2009, Ric Moore wrote:
> >On Fri, 2009-04-10 at 11:54 +0200, Alvin wrote:
> >> I welcome a KDE 3.5 for production environments. Suppose you want to use
> >> NFS mounted /home directories. Don't get me wrong, Akonadi is a fantastic
> >> idea, but the NFS incompatibility should really be fixed.
> >
> >I can't get it to work at all. Running Intrepid here and I keep getting
> >a slash screen that I don't have mysql ...when I do, when I first fire
> >up kaddressbook. I've installed all the packages it complains about not
> >having and it remains convinced they are not there. I've googled all
> >over not finding a declared fix. Any clues? I did the upgrade route from
> >Hardy to Intrepid if that is any help. Ric
> >
> I had a heck of a time for a couple of months, and kept mewling at the fedora
> guys to get us a fixed dbus package, which was the killer for early F10's.
> Finally they got around to updating it and its now working.

They made me so crazy there that I just finally had to take myself and
my toys home with me. Stuff they either couldn't or wouldn't fix worked
out of the box with my first Kubuntu install of Hardy. From the get-go.
I'm happy enough right here. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987