Kubuntu Jaunty KDE3.5 remix

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 05:13:39 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-14 at 09:18 +1000, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 04:42:13 pm Ric Moore wrote:
> > > Have you looked at SystemSettings|Advanced|Akonadi Config|Server
> > > Configuration?
> > >
> > > nb - not sure if that exists on 8.10
> >
> > Nope not there :(
> >
> > > Alternatively you can ignore Akonadi and just add std Kontact Resources
> >
> > Darn. I wanted to use it. :( Ric
>

> I believe that Akonadi is probably not worth messing around with in 8.10 -
> behind in versions and has packaging issues. Stick with the std Kontact
> resources and wait for Jaunty.
>
> Also I'm pretty sure that the Akonadi plug-ins are just wrappers around the
> old Kontact resources.

It's maddening though that kontact brings up an Akondi gripe list after
grinding away for awhile, telling me that I don't have things installed
that I do. Should or can I remove the Akondi package without blowing
things up? Thanks! Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987