Kubuntu Jaunty KDE3.5 remix

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 21:33:59 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 3:17 AM, Nigel Ridley
<nigel at prayingforisrael.net> wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>> Yes it is! That is how I have mine set up -- and an added bonus (not sure whether it's a bug or a
>>> feature -- definitely a 'feature for me) is that it hides the 'cashew' :-)
>>>
>>> To apply the "Menu at the top of screen like in MacOS" just click on the small 'cashew' on the
>>> Menu bar, this then opens another bar which allows you to configure the first bar; you can then
>>> simply drag the 'Menu bar' to the top of the screen.
>>>

>> I think that you are confusing the Panel with the Menu Bar, Nigel. The
>> Menu Bar is the toolbar with File, Edit, etc. menus.
>>

> Probably. I replied to the OP kinda quick this morning and just quoted his terminology. I was
> sure that he was referring to the 'Panel' - just couldn't remember what it was called in 4.2.x

No, I was referring to the Menu.  On a Mac every programs Menu, i.e.
"File", "Edit", "View", etc is at the top of the screen, not attached
to the program window.  There are reasons to believe that this is
significantly more efficient and I've decided I like it.

Actually, I don't use it at work because I spend too much time in
non-KDE apps, so maybe I am ready to move on from it.

Michael