[mostly solved] Fish won't work (long)

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 13 04:25:08 UTC 2009

On Sunday 12 April 2009 09:11:18 pm Jim wrote:
> Tony Sivori wrote:
> > On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 20:49:04 +0200, Nils Kassube wrote:
> >> No, it should work as normal user. I use it quite often and I never
> >> start konqueror as root.
> >
> > Weired. Well, all I need to do is copy about 200 GB to the new computer,
> > then I don't think I'll need fish very often. So the risk of running it
> > as root should be minimal. Hopefully.
>
> Check and see if you have a hidden directory .ssh in your home
> directory, and in .ssh be sure there is a file, known_hosts
> and that file is empty, and try again.
I haven't followed this post, however, I transferred several gb of data
another way.  I removed the HDD that contained the data and installed it on my
new computer and just copied and pasted from the old to the new.  It was fast
and clean.  If you are doing this from a laptop to a desktop, it wouldn't
work, but one PC to another was fast and problem free.  It is an alternative
if you continue to have a problem.

Steven