Kubuntu Jaunty KDE3.5 remix

Nigel Ridley nigel at prayingforisrael.net
Sun Apr 12 05:20:26 UTC 2009

Michael Hirsch wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> This is because Hardy largely works greatly without having any problems :-))
>>>
>> My daily driver is still Hardy, but I'm finding KDE 4.2 on Jaunty Beta
>> to be very stable. I have lots of composting issues, but that's it.
>> There is nothing from KDE 3 that _I_ miss in KDE 4.2. If you have
>> something, please mention it (and CC me!) so that I can file a bug.
>> The truth is, I'm swamped with studies, but I promise that I will get
>> around to it.
>
> AFAIK the "Menu at the top of screen like in MacOS" is still not
> available in KDE 4.2.  That is part of the reason I haven't switched.
> I'd love to hear that I'm wrong.

Yes it is! That is how I have mine set up -- and an added bonus (not sure whether it's a bug or a
feature -- definitely a 'feature for me) is that it hides the 'cashew' :-)

To apply the "Menu at the top of screen like in MacOS" just click on the small 'cashew' on the
Menu bar, this then opens another bar which allows you to configure the first bar; you can then
simply drag the 'Menu bar' to the top of the screen.

Blessings,

Nigel