Jaunty: Notifications

GreyGeek GreyGeek at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 12 03:49:51 UTC 2009

marc wrote:
> I want to use this thing, quite a lot, but man it's trying hard to make
> me walk away. But hey, maybe it'll all work by release day in a couple
> of weeks.

And yets untold numbers of folks, like me, are having EXCELLENT results
with Jaunty.

There could be any number of reasons why your success is lacking.  Your
ISO burn could be bad.    Your hardware is not supported or is
defective.  You misunderstand prompts or get wild ideas about deviating
from the install sequence and they don't work.  You assume that Linux
runs the way Windows does, but it doesn't.

Jaunty is not  an inanimate object.  It can't "try hard" to make you not
like it.  You don't like it because you are not successful in trying to
install it dual boot or as the sole OS (?) and so the problem can't be
you, it has to be Jaunty.

Or, you could be a TE astroturfing this forum.