Kubuntu Jaunty KDE3.5 remix

Alvin info at alvin.be
Fri Apr 10 09:54:57 UTC 2009

On Friday 10 April 2009 11:12:29 Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 10:21, O. Sinclair <o.sinclair at gmail.com> wrote:
> > To whoever undertook this assignment a heartfelt THANK YOU, just what I
> > needed in the "from XP to KDE" project I am working. Not taking users
> > from one stable (but problematic) OS to one unstable but nice OS.
>
> /me wonders what is unstable in KDE 4.2.2....

This morning, Kontact crashed 3 times and krunner 1 time. Have you already
tried moving an item in the Bookmark editor in Konqueror? There are also
irritating bug such as the kaddressbook search. That's not unstable, but it is
unusable.

I welcome a KDE 3.5 for production environments. Suppose you want to use NFS
mounted /home directories. Don't get me wrong, Akonadi is a fantastic idea,
but the NFS incompatibility should really be fixed.