EV-DO?

lists@ptfd.org chief at porterfire.org
Thu Apr 9 20:15:44 UTC 2009

Anyone know how to even begin to get my Verizon rev. A integrated network card
working? It is a panasonic cf-19.
I will call verizon and set it up as soon as I know I can get it working with
Linux.
Here is the applicable (I think ) dmesg.

[   15.097294] usbserial: USB Serial Driver core
[   15.162062] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for Sierra USB modem
[   15.162161] sierra 4-1:1.0: Sierra USB modem converter detected
[   15.163711] usb 4-1: Sierra USB modem converter now attached to ttyUSB0
[   15.163942] usb 4-1: Sierra USB modem converter now attached to ttyUSB1
[   15.164243] usb 4-1: Sierra USB modem converter now attached to ttyUSB2
[   15.164292] usbcore: registered new interface driver sierra
[   15.164299] sierra: USB Driver for Sierra Wireless USB modems: v.1.3.2

Somehow I determined this was an Verizon Wireless EVDO rev. A.

I have seen alot of stuff on teh google but cant really make sense of it. Is it
really a modem? that needs to dial? or is it a direct broadband card? Is there
gui stuff for it? I can do cli but prefer gui (lazy)

Thanks in advance.

Mike
--
Michael W. Holdeman